Ahmet 'Haci' Tekbilek is the internationally wellknown master of the ney, mey, oud, saz, surna, bagpipe, kaval and almost any instrument used in traditional turkish music.Â Haci has lived in Sweden since 1974 but this is his first cd in his own name and with musicians of his own choice. We have recorded him with his favourite swedish and syrian musicians living in Sweden. We also traveled with Haci to his native Adana to record with fantastic Romani and other musicians from several local traditions, even recording his ney flute inside the turkish bath, the Hamam.
Have a taste of Haci's mixture, his TĂĽrlĂĽ:
"Whatever transpired, something spiritual occurred to put a giddying spin on the track that closes out one of the most beautiful albums of 2010."
- From a greatÂ reviewÂ inÂ AAJ!
- 1 Death Is God's Command/Ölüm Allah?n Emridir
- 2 Candied Apples/Elmali Seker
- 3 Il Helwa Di
- 4 In Memory of Kazim Sanri/Feryad Kazim Sanri Dan
- 5 Ellika's Türlü Spice/Stjuls Ellikadan Türlye Bahar
- 6 Coffee Making/Sürüverin Cezveler
- 7 Evc-Ara Maqam/Evc-Ara Makami
- 8 Devran Babani's Address/Devran Babanin adresi
- 9 Il Qalb Yashak Kolli Gami
- 10 Small Street/Daracik Sokaklar
- 11 Misty Hamam/Hamam Bohari